Three is appropriate as I will run through Friday, Saturday and Sunday now. It will be short and simple as I have a chocolate cake in the oven and dinner guests are due any moment.
Fridays are another run/swim brick.
Then the real work begins.
At the moment, Saturday is my long ride day. Well, it's always my long ride day. At this part of the season I aim for two to three hours on the trainer. There is some measurement that time on the trainer is equal to time plus on the road as there is no time on my trainer at least where I can free wheel. If my legs stop moving, then the trainer stops.
Today I managed two hours with four 10 minute time trial efforts with a five minute recovery between each set of two. Now I must admit that wasn't specifically what was on my program. But I put in the effort and that's what the key.
No matter what the session, get to the pool, get on your bike or put on those shoes and start running.
I recall something that Craig Alexander said that he never misses a session. It's the same approach that my coach has asked me to make the commitment to doing. Start each session. If you need to modify the effort because you simply don't have the energy to do what you need to do, then modify. But start.
Don't right off the session before you've even given it a go.
So I spin long and then I run short. Short and sharp running to get started and then ease into my IM pace, and then easy to finish. I modified my run today after 10 minutes of short 30 seconds fast and 30 seconds easy. I did so because I felt something odd in my lower back. Not sure why but I thought that was enough for today.
More on Sunday, tomorrow.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment