Today I renewed my swim pass for another year. There's no doubt that I swam more in the past 12 months than in any other similar period of time, even when Bondi Beach was a few hundred metres from our front door.
As much as I tell myself that swimming is my strength, my watch defies me. I've hit a plateau.
I've been looking for ideas to modify my swimming. I almost convinced myself to do some epic swimming sessions. But after checking with Coach Kristian, I've decided to refocus my energy but swim no longer than 4km in any one session.
Earlier this week I swam 3.5km, the longest since Ironman Canada last August. It nearly wiped me out for two days. I did sleep well - one night.
I've also contacted a local swim coach to look at how I'm swimming and what I should be doing differently. I hope to set up a time for her review in the next week. I'll let you know what she has to say.
Today's swim set wasn't quite as I planned. My watch failed to start at the start and I lost count within 10 minutes. I kept swimming but it was one of those sessions where I was content to put in a solid half hour and then get out. And so I did.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment